Round of Introductions.

6 PM Citizen Communications: 15 minutes maximum, first come, first served.

  • John Plyler – GAIN
    • Discussion about Cheer Up Charlie’s OMV application
    • Tamara Hoover – Cheer Up Charlie’s
      • Appeal to the board to approve full OMV permit including normal hours

Committee Reports and Possible Action Items:

Treasurer’s report: Update from Treasurer

Crime and Safety:

  • Report on letter submitted to Austin Police to help us push Capital Metro and Public Works to increase lighting around the vacant Saltillo rail corridor. Announce formation of new Facebook  group representing Holly Street neighbors in Sector 5.  Share info about conflicts in ordinances related to possession or consumption of alcohol in our planning area.
  • Vincent Sandoval presentation about lighting study for E 5th St.

Local Historic District: Updates, if any.

Land Use & Design Committee: Updates, if any.

Affordable Housing Committee: Updates, if any.

Traffic and Transportation Committee:

  • Update on I-35 Mobility project open house and survey. Recruit volunteers to serve on a new Parking Benefits District subcommittee.

Economic Development Committee: Updates, if any.

Tejano Walking Trail Committee:

  • Report on progress of National Parks Service planning grant kick-off meeting and outreach efforts to conduct users survey.

Communication Committee: Updates, if any.

Parks and Environment Committee: Updates, if any.

Approve minutes from last meeting.

Action Items:

  1. Discuss and take possible action to provide input on COA NHCD Action Plan
  2. Discuss and take possible action regarding Google Fiber coming to Austin neighborhoods
  3. Discuss and take possible action to accept nominations and vote to elect new voting members.  Richard Roberts has been nominated for Sector 7 Resident Rep.
  4. Discuss and take possible action to conduct outreach booths at Fiesta Gardens for Cinco de Mayo (May 4-5) and Pachanga Fest (May 10-11) and somewhere on E. 6th Street at Viva Streets (May 19) and to use funds to pay for copies, lemonade, and/or promo items for displays and input surveys at these booths.
  5. Discuss and take possible action regarding I-35 Mobility Project.
  6. Discuss and take possible action regarding Cheer Up Charlie’s OMV permit