May 15, 2013 ECCNPT Meeting Agenda
6PM Citizen Communications: 15 minutes maximum, first come, first served.
- Keep Austin Affordable Campaign
- Expanding affordable housing in Austin
- Stacey Benningfield – I-35 Program Manager for TxDOT
Steve Miller – Consultant Project Manager for I-35 Capital Area Improvement Program
- Presentation of information regarding the I-35 Mobility Project
- Heyden Black Walker – Black + Vernooy Architecture and Urban Design
- Presentation of information regarding I-35 Mobility Project
Committee Reports and Possible Action Items:
Treasurer’s report: Update from Treasurer
Crime and Safety:
- Update on HALO camera requests for our area, announce the next quarterly APD Commander’s Forum for our area is July 9, 5:30 pm at ND Venue (E. 5th and Brushy).
- Discuss APD budget review meeting in a box.
Local Historic District:
- Discuss demolition permit request for 1310 Garden.
Land Use & Design Committee: Updates, if any.
Affordable Housing Committee:
- Discuss the upcoming bond election for affordable housing programs serving the very low-income and homeless.
- NOTE: While ECC never endorses campaigns for electing candidate for public office, we have endorsed referendums and bonds that would advance our Plan’s Action Steps. Affordable housing needs we ranked #2 in our list of Top Ten Panning Priorities.
Traffic and Transportation Committee: Updates, if any.
Economic Development Committee: Updates, if any.
Tejano Walking Trail Committee:
- Updates on the strategic planning process facilitated by the National Parks Service’s Rivers, Trails, and Conservation Assistance program.
Communication Committee: Updates, if any.
Parks and Environment Committee: Updates, if any.
Approve minutes from last meeting.
- Discuss and take action on demolition permit request for 1310 Garden.
- Discuss and take possible action to endorse an upcoming bond election for affordable housing programs serving the very low-income and homeless
- Discuss and take possible action to authorize the ECC Treasurer to negotiate an agreement with the Austin Parks Foundation or another non-profit to become the primary fiscal agent for the Tejano Trail Committee.
- Discuss and take possible action to expend up to $100 for snacks and drinks to be sold and given as incentives to complete surveys at VIVA Streets, and for refreshments and plantings for the June 1st National Trails Day Project/Outreach at the Nash Hernandez Sculpture on the Music Trail.
- Discuss and take possible action to allow Preservation Austin (formerly the Austin Heritage Society) to select up to 10 sites on the trails for their mobile walking tours app.
- Discuss and take possible action to request 5 volunteers to help at the ECC VIVA Streets game and outreach booth on Sunday, May 19 from 12-5pm and National Trails Day event on June 1st.